Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dump Cake


OK, I know it doesn't sound terrific. But dump cake is pretty good, it's called that because you just dump the ingredients in the pan and then bake it.


x
x
x
x
x
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained

1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling

1 pkg yellow cake mix

1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine cut into thin slices


Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease a 13x9 pan

Dump pineapple with juice into pan. Spread evenly. Dump in pie filling. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over cherry layer. sprinkle pecans over cake mix. Dot with butter.

Bake 50 minutes or until top is lightly browned. (I usually bake it a bit longer than the 50 minutes)

Serve warm or at room temp. Makes 12-16 servings.

3 thoughtful reactions:

Anonymous said...

yum!

Anonymous said...

i love the SUPERCOOK website you have on your blog. IT IS AWESOME!!:)

Dianna said...

Aah! I was looking all over for this recipe last week. The one I found had bad instructions and I ended up with pink goo (very tasty, though!). I'll use yours next time. It looks much better.