Saturday, May 17, 2008

Chinese Cabbage Salad

This recipe came from my sister's mother in law. It is a great take on coleslaw. I love it. I haven't actually made it myself yet. I'm not sure what "accent" is-probably on the seasoning aisle? What do you think?

1/2 head cabbage diced
4 green onions sliced

Dressing (make day before)
1/2 c. oil 1T Mrs. Dash
4 packs Sweet & Low 4 T White Vinegar
1 t. salt 1/2 pk Oriental Top Ramen seasoning
1 t accent

At last minute add:
1/2 c. toasted slivered almonds
2 T sesame seeds
1 pkg crumbled Top Ramen noodles

4 thoughtful reactions:

Dianna said...

I have a recipe similar to this, and it is one of our favorites. I believe that Accent is MSG. So you can probably leave it out! My recipe doesn't call for it, and it's still delicious.

Mikki said...

Thanks! I had no idea what Accent is, now I won't even worry about it.

Anonymous said...

YUMMMM....i make this a lot and I LOVE IT! my recipe is just about exactly like yours, too! :)

i leave out the "Accent", though.

it is so different yet so flippin good!

Those People With The Crazy Kids said...

This is soooo good. I threw in some mandarin oranges and it was really yummy!